- Transfer of loved one to funeral home
- Obtaining, preparing, and filing of all necessary legal documents
- Placement of obituary notice (newspaper fees may be additional)
- Consultation with family and clergy
- Coordination with cemetery for burial
- Celebration of life memorial tribute service at the funeral home, church or other local facility
- One or two-hour viewing or visitation prior to service
- Embalming and other preparation of the body
- Funeral coach identified with American flag and emblem of veteran’s branch of service
- Applying for free death certificates provided by Veterans Affairs
- Applying for Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Coordination with honor guard for military honors
At R.T. Foard, we believe there is no higher honor than serving veterans’ families in Cecil County, Maryland as well as Newark and New Castle Counties in Delaware.
We will work closely with your family to create a meaningful service for your beloved veteran and can help you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you’ll receive all of the benefits you qualify for. If your loved one has served our country, trust us to tell their story and care for your family.
Please see our full list of veteran’s services below: